Suzaku Software V1.2 (Heasoft v6.1.2)
Suzaku software changes since HEASoft v6.1.1:
XIS Specific tools
- Update. Added a 'GEOMAREA' keyword in the output photon file.
- Update. Users can multiply the transmission of the XIS OBF
contaminant to the specified ARF file. The column density of
C and O for the contaminant are shown separately.
- NEW TOOL. Generate XIS responses
- Update.Bug fix in the calculation of aberration (parallax) correction.
On-the-fly photon generation is capable by setting the parameter,
- Several built-in energy steps are recognized for the 'estepfile' parameter.
'full' : calculate effective area in each RMF energy bins. Very slow.
'dense' or 'default' : dense sampling (2303 steps). Slow.
'medium' : medium sampling (157 steps). Moderate.
'sparse' : sparse sampling (55 steps). Fast.
- Transmission of the thermal shield and the XIS OBF contaminant are
treated separately from the XRT effective area, so that even the
'sparse' energy step gives much better quality ARF response than before.
This feature is useful in saving the calculation time.
- The XRT_EFFAREA, SHIELD_TRANSMIS columns are added to the output ARF,
and the AVGWEI column has been removed.
- The -1 value is stored to the primary extension image, for the out-of-
bounds region. The primary extension image contains now integers unless
users provide weighted region file, which had been floating point numbers
weighted to the transmissions of the thermal shield and the XIS OBF
- The SOURCE_RATIO_REG keyword is written to the ARF header, representing
source image ratio inside the selected region. This number is useful in
calculating the flux inside the selected region.
- Bug fix in reading RA_NOM, DEC_NOM from attitude file.
- Add WCS keywords to the primary image in the generated ARF.
- Accept WCS coordinates DS9 region files when region_mode=SKYREG.
ISAS/JAXA Department of High Energy Astrophysics
Last Modified: Monday, 08-Jan-2007 21:15:14 JST